Did you know
- Greece’s population is 11 million.
- Over 40% of young Greeks are unemployed.
- 2/3 of the New Testament was written to the Greeks of the early church, or written by a Greek!
- There are less than 75 missionaries serving the spiritual needs of the Greek citizens.
- Greece is considered the neediest mission field in Europe including the former Eastern bloc countries and Albania!
- Evangelicals only number 20,000 (which is 0.18% of the population).
- Today in Greece, only a few historical evangelical churches operate with a valid church permit.
- Despite a guarantee of religious freedom as a member of the European Union, people continue to be detained by the police for proclaiming the gospel.
- It has only been since 1988 that the Greek people have had a modern translation of the Bible. The ‘Living Word’ was translated and published through HM. (Since that time, other translations have become available.)